Moonstone will run a three day training session in Cape Town on 27, 28 and 29 August.
This module forms part of the SAQA approved “Further Education and Training Certificate in Wealth Management” Qualification at NQF level 4.
SAQA suggests that the following candidates consider obtaining this qualification:
- Learners who require licensing in Long-Term Category A. This is generally intermediaries who sell assistance policies, including funeral policies.
- Learners who require licensing in Long-Term Category B, generally intermediaries selling risk policies (death, disability and health events) and guaranteed investment/savings, recurring policies and annuities other than single premium annuities and excluding products marketed as investment or savings policies.
- Intermediaries who run their own financial planning practices and who offer advice on Short-Term Personal Lines and Business Insurance and who also advise on Long-Term Categories A and/or B.
- Trustees and Principal Officers of Retirement Funds or Medical Schemes.
- Learners who have a School-Leaving Certificate and are entering the Insurance and investment Industry for the first time.
- Learners in administrative positions in Collective Investment Schemes and Medical Schemes who do not provide advice.
- Broker Consultants and learners in Call Centres who give advice on Long-Term Category A and/or B products.
- Administrators in financial services organisations.
- Trainee Financial Planners who seek registration with the Financial Planning Institute.
A three day training session will be run in Johannesburg on 17, 18 & 19 September. This module forms part of the SAQA approved, “Further Education and Training Certificate: Short Term Insurance”, at NQF level 4.
The original Qualification has been expanded – the FETC: Short Term Insurance is a more holistic Qualification than the registered National Certificate in Short Term Insurance: NQF Level 4. According to SAQA, it is a first step for learners who:
- Attained the National Certificate in Financial Services: Level 3 and wish to continue on a path of life-long learning specialising in Short Term Insurance.
- Worked in the Short Term Insurance sub-sector for many years, but have no formal qualifications in their area of specialisation.
- Are in a learnership agreement in the Short Term Insurance sub-sector.
- Have recently taken up a position in Short Term Insurance.
- Require a Qualification for licensing purposes in order to advise clients on Short Term Insurance policies.
Registration: Our registration facilities are under construction, but should be available next week.