Moonstone Business School of Excellence (MBSE), in collaboration with Compliance Online, now offer a nine-module online training course for businesses that will be required to comply with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI).
- Module 1 provides an overview of the rationale for, and aims of, the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) and sets out who and what POPI applies to.
- Module 2 explains what is meant by personal information and special personal information and the rules for processing special personal information and information of children.
- Module 3 explains what is meant by “processing” and gives an overview of the types of processing activities that are excluded from the provisions of POPI.
- Module 4 explains the first requirement of POPI for the lawful processing of personal information: that processing must be done for clearly defined and limited purposes.
- Module 5 discusses the need for transparency about the reasons for collecting personal information and its intended uses.
- Module 6 explains authorised processing of personal information.
- Module 7 explains what accurate processing of personal information entails.
- Module 8 discusses secure processing of personal information.
- Module 9 explains the powers of the authorities by whom POPI is enforced.
The cost per student is R855 inclusive of VAT. Bulk registration can be done for groups of ten or more, and bulk discount for groups of 25 or more.
Industry bodies wishing to negotiate special rates for their members can contact Elaine Davies of MBSE on 0877026429 or via email to Elaine@mbse.ac.za.
Click here for more detail on the course content.
Click here to register.