– Latest research shows international trends
The latest Digital 2019 report shows that worldwide people are spending an average of 6 hours and 42 minutes online each day. Half of that is spent on mobile devices. It further equates to more than 100 days of online time every year for every Internet user. That’s more than 27 percent of every year.
The most Internet-addicted nation is the Philippines, at 10h 02m, while the least is Japan at 3h 45m.
What about South Africans?
South Africans spend the 6th longest time online, connected for an average of 8 hours and 25 minutes each day, on any device.
Other interesting South African facts:
- Connecting via computers, South Africans are the world’s second biggest internet addicts, spending almost 5 hours a day.
- South Africans are also higher than the global average, spending 3 hours and 30 minutes each day connecting via mobile devices.
- South Africa’s average internet speeds are below average – but higher than African peers.
- South Africa’s average mobile speed is recorded at 25.5 mbps, just above the global average at 25.1 mbps.
- South Africa’s social media activity is also one of the fastest growing in the world.
- South Africans have 8 social media accounts on average.
- South Africans’ usage patterns showed that WhatsApp was the top app
The full report is available online @ https://wearesocial.com/uk/digital-2019
Click here to read BusinessTech’s article on the report.