- The Higher Certificate in Wealth Management (HCWM) provides an ideal entry point into the financial services industry in various roles, or to kick-start your career in financial planning.
- The HCWM is recognised by the Financial Services Conduct Authority for all product sub-categories of Category I FSPs, and can be used to fulfil fit and proper requirements for FAIS roles in Category I FSPs.
- Upon successful completion of the HCWM students will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of legislation, ethics, and compliance in the context of the financial services sector in South Africa.
- The student will also be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the financial planning process in terms of collecting, analysing and synthesising appropriate data to develop solutions and make judgments and recommendations that take into consideration client needs, product knowledge and risk appetite.
- The fundamental knowledge of the financial services industry can then be applied to match the financial requirements of clients to financial products.
- Successful students will also be able to communicate and present information, in writing and verbally, to demonstrate insight into current issues in the Financial Services Sector.
- Students complete four compulsory modules and can choose one of three electives over a two-year period.
- Students will have online access to their study material which will include a study guide, online discussion forums, self-assessments and relevant additional resources.
- Students will have to complete online Formative Assessments and a final invigilated written Summative Assessment for each module.
- This qualification is therefore ideal for access to the Financial Services Industry, meeting fit and proper requirements for a qualification and a building block to becoming a financial planning professional.
Click here for more information.
Click here to apply.