Whether you like it or not, social media and technology have changed the way that we do business. It has changed the way that we interact, not only with our friends, but also with our clients.
A recent US research study has shown that 81% of the financial advisors surveyed are using social media in their marketing plan for their business and products. 79% of these advisors reported that they have received new business from their effort on social media. It’s therefore important for South African financial advisors to take note of this trend in order to stay ahead of the game.
Facebook, as one of the social media channels, is not just a place to share funny videos or photos of your cat; it’s a place where financial advisors can grow their business.
But how do you leverage the benefits of Facebook …where do you start and why?
- In order to use Facebook and any social media channel effectively it’s first of all important to check your company’s social media policy. Stay within the guidelines to ensure compliancy.
- It’s also important not to use your personal profile. Create a Facebook business page, a public page that lets you share relevant information with your followers.
- If you share an article online and your followers share it with their friends, you reach a new audience.
- A Facebook page also helps new clients to find you through search engines like Google.
- Share insightful information, whether it’s articles, videos, or images, on a regular schedule.
- A good starting point to increase your Facebook followers is to add a link to your Facebook business profile on all your emails and website. This will increase your page visibility and make connecting with you on Facebook easier.
If you haven’t already done so, log in to Facebook today, create your page, start sharing content and take advantage of the change in client behaviour.
Just remember, managing a Facebook page is similar to starting a herb garden. You will only reap the benefits if you nurture your creation regularly.