The Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) will host two-day training webinars for healthcare brokers in May. There will be a compulsory assessment on the second day of the webinars.
The sessions will cover the following topics:
- Compliance requirements for FSPs and understanding Board Notice 194;
- The FAIS Act and the code of conduct for FSPs;
- The Medical Schemes Act and the accompanying regulations;
- Broker conduct and ethical behaviour;
- An overview of healthcare and PMB costs; and
- PMB definition guidelines and Covid-19.
Brokers can choose between the following sessions:
- 9 to 10 May (closing date to register: 2 May); or
- 12 to 13 May (closing date to register: 6 May).
The cost is R350 per person.
To register, brokers must deposit the registration fee into the CMS’s bank account (use your full name, surname and broker accreditation number as the reference) before attending.
Please send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org five days before the starting date of the session you have chosen.
Group registrations using one broker number are not allowed.
Click here to register for the workshop.
Brokers will be able to claim CPD hours from the Financial Planning Institute upon approval by the FPI. Claiming the allocated CPD hours is subject to attending the full two days and successfully completing the assessment.