The Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) will be hosting an advanced training programme workshop for accredited healthcare brokers in the Gauteng Province. Participants are requested to register on-line and submit proof of payment to the email provided above, by 15 February 2019.
Please include your current BR number as your reference number. Each participant must have a separate BR number for registration. No group registration using one BR number is allowed. Pro-forma and tax invoices will only be made available upon request. The cost of the one-day workshop is R1000.00, per accredited individual broker and will among others, cover the following topics:
- The Medical Schemes Act and accompanying Regulations;
- The Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS) Act and its amendments;
- Overview of Prescribed Minimum Benefits;
- Accreditation of brokers and brokerages;
- Underwriting and Waiting Periods;
- Update on the Demarcation Regulations and the National Health Insurance (NHI) Policy White Paper; and
- Compliance and requirements for Financial Service Providers
Click here to register for the workshop
Delegates will be able to claim 6.5 Ethics and Practice Standards CPD points from the Financial Planning Institute.