Prospective employers need to verify information supplied by applicants. There are various sources where such information can be obtained.
FAIS related credits and queries
Please visit the INSETA website on www.inseta.org.za. Click on “learner information” to access results. You need your ID number and Surname to access the information. There is also a guide on how to extract the information.
National Learner Record Database (NLRD)
In order to establish what details appear on this platform, please send your full names and ID to: firstname.lastname@example.org
My colleague, Albert Marais, requested his details, and was sent the information in PDF format on the same day. The response contained the following notes:
- The records for Higher Education on the NLRD go up to 2011, so if you have achieved anything further since then, these results will not yet be reflected.
- If you do not see achievements on the statement that you would have expected to find there, please do not send these to SAQA, as records of learning are not accepted from individuals.
- The flow of information to the NLRD is as follows: Training providers send data on learner enrolments and achievements to their Quality Assuring Bodies (such as Quality Councils and SETAs), and in turn, the Quality Assuring Bodies send this data to SAQA for loading into the NLRD.
The following records are available on the NLRD.
- South African public university achievements up to 2011;
- South African technikon achievements from 1999 until they merged with other institutions or became universities of technology;
- Private higher achievements logged by some private higher institutions up to 2013;
- Achievements logged by Quality Assuring Bodies (except the HPCSA) up to the present.
- If the certificate was issued in September 1992 or later, please contact Umalusi on 012 349 1510 or email@example.com . (Their fee varies from case to case.)
If the certificate was issued before September 1992, it can be verified by the Department of Basic Education on 012 357 3900, or any Provincial Department of Education. (They all currently charge from R20 to R40 for this service.)