On 29 August, the FSB broadcast a workshop aimed specifically at independent financial advisors. The title of the presentation is: “What’s new, and what to be aware of”.
The Agenda covered the following topics:
- Structure of the FAIS Division
- Exemption: Board Notice 193 of 2011(Exemption of FSPS from submitting audited financial statement requirements)
- Financial statements guidelines
- Regulatory Examination: DOFA (Date of First Appointment)
- Qualifications List (the latest one published last week).
- PI Cover & Fidelity guarantees
- Licence Certificate: Transfer of Book & Licence (of equal importance to those wishing to sell or buy a book or practice).
- Conflict of Interest
This is important information, straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. It is also a powerful tool for staff training purposes.
Please click here to order a DVD of the presentation