The Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC) has established a Compliance Contact Centre to deal with queries related to compliance with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, No. 38 of 2001, as amended (FIC Act).
A dedicated telephone service is geared to handle all FIC Act-related compliance queries, such as:
- Whether or not a business is required to register with the FIC;
- How to register with the FIC;
- What types of businesses are required to register with the FIC;
- Technical issues relating to the registration process;
- Queries relating to complying with the provisions of the FIC Act including, but not limited to:
- Establishing and verification of the identity of clients;
- Record-keeping relating to your clients;
- Reporting of cash threshold transactions;
- Reporting of property associated with terrorist and related activities;
- Reporting of suspicious and unusual transactions;
- Formulation and implementation of internal rules;
- Training and monitoring of FIC Act compliance.
The FIC Act Compliance Contact Centre number is: 0860 222 200
The FIC is also still able to receive e-mailed compliance based queries on: email@example.com
For calls unrelated to compliance matters, please call the FIC on: 0860 342 342.
To download a copy of this information for future reference, please click here.