This publication reveals some interesting statistics:
- The total number of complaints received amounted to 10 253, an increase of 9.5% over the previous year.
- Complaints unresolved after six months totalled only 54 at year end.
- The turnover rate (the total number of complaints resolved with some additional benefit to the insured expressed as a percentage of the total number of complaints closed) was 31% which shows a continuing decline in the overturn rate over the last few years.
- The average turnaround time i.e. the period taken to resolve a dispute, was 89 days which continues to show a pleasing declining trend.
- The amount “recovered” for consumers was R116 249 665.
The reasons for the above figures are discussed in more detail in the report.
This is the third report which contains detailed insurer-specific statistics (for personal lines only). It compares the number of complaints received as a percentage of claims, and also gives an indication of how many of these complaints were resolved in favour of clients.
Please click here to download the 2014 Annual Report.