From 14 April 2014, changes to the FAIS Act which came into operation on 28 February 2014 were incorporated in the regulatory exams.
FAIS Circular 4 of 2014 contains details of these changes, as well as the rationale behind it. Candidates who wish to study this document can download it by clicking here.
Fully updated resources are available for those requiring access to the legislation applicable to the regulatory examinations:
- Click on the following highlighted sections to download the relevant updated Inseta learning material for key individuals, RE 1, and representatives, RE 5.
- LexisNexis provides a “Legislation Handbook” together with a “Preparation Guide” containing the qualifying criteria, with a link to the relevant legislation. Please click here to download the order form.
- The Juta FAIS Pocket Statutes also contains a CD with a comprehensive list of updated supplementary legislative material for reference purposes. Please click here to order this from our online shop.
- The DVD of the FSB’s telematics broadcast on the RE 1 and RE 5 provides a good introduction and overview, and can also be ordered online.
- Please make sure that you first read the FSB’s Preparation Guide to make sure you follow the right process in preparing.