Application for Exemption
The FSB recently published a document titled, “Application for an exemption in relation to Qualifications and regulatory examinations”.
It sets out how one should go about applying for an exemption, the fees involved and documentation required. These exemptions relate to:
- Qualification requirements
- Level 1 Regulatory exam requirements
- Other general FAIS provisions and
- Fees payable in respect of the request for exemption
The cost of such an application is:
- Exemption from qualification and regulatory examination requirements: R1 500
- Exemption from any other FAIS provision: R6 280
Just in case you wondered – there is no fee payable when applying for a waiver of the fee payable.
The correct submission of your application will avoid unnecessary delays. Please click here to download the guidelines.