It is scary to think that Christmas is only 11 weeks away.
If you were granted an extended deadline, you need to do some urgent planning to make things happen. If you are planning to write at one of our permanent centres, the last date for registration to write in 2014 is 28 November – that is only seven weeks from now. In the case of satellite venues, the final date for registration 17 November – that is just over 5 weeks from today.
The table below shows the deadline dates received from the FSB, based on a candidate’s Date of First Appointment:
|Appointed From||To||RE Deadline|
Read the fine print
We often receive complaints from candidates that they were never informed of their right to ask for a re-mark, appealing against questions.
The terms and conditions form part and parcel of the confirmation package sent to candidates when they register. It is also handed out on the actual day that you write, and you are required to sign and date the document, verifying that you have read and understand its contents.
It would make your life so much easier if you made sure of the facts before the time, not so? We also urge training service providers to cover this document before the exam.
Please click here to download the Terms and Conditions.
Final dates for level 1 REs in 2014
- Permanent Centres: 15 December 2014 (registration closes 28 November)
- Satellite Venues: 04 December 2014 (registration closes 17 November)
Moonstone reopens on 5 January 2015, and the first exams will be available as follows:
- Permanent Centres: 12 January 2015
- Satellite Venues: 26 January 2015
Fully updated resources are available for those requiring access to the legislation applicable to the regulatory examinations:
- Click on the following highlighted sections to download the relevant updated Inseta learning material for key individuals, RE 1, and representatives, RE 5.
- LexisNexis provides a “Legislation Handbook” together with a “Preparation Guide” containing the qualifying criteria, with a link to the relevant legislation. Please click here to download the order form.
- The Juta FAIS Pocket Statutes also contains a CD with a comprehensive list of updated supplementary legislative material for reference purposes. Please click here to order this from our online shop.
- The DVD of the FSB’s telematics broadcast on the RE 1 and RE 5 provides a good introduction and overview, and can also be ordered online.
- Please make sure that you first read the FSB’s Preparation Guide to make sure you follow the right process in preparing.